||Under the direction of the property General Manager, provides guidance and expertise to the property regarding employee issues and concerns. Serves as the primary liaison for human resources related issues and is responsible for all payroll & benefits administration for the property.
10% - Consults with property management regarding potential terminations, employee performance and counseling issues, including investigation strategies and techniques.
10% - Conducts initial screening and interviews for the property as needed. Performs employment verifications and background checks when applicable.
5% - Works with the General Manager to develop long-term solutions regarding the human resources aspect of the business.
5% - Works with the corporate and regional office in the development of employee training/development materials and programs.
5% - Conducting TIPS training and Safety training for hourly employees.
5% - Conducting manager/supervisor training.
5% - Settles employee/employer disputes and with the input of the General Manager and Corporate Director of Human Resources, settles third party disputes, (i.e. attorney, EEOC, state civil rights commission, etc.).
5% - Stays current with the trends and developments in the human resources field.
5% - Reviews performance documentation (action plans, career counseling forms, etc.) and follows up on the outstanding issues.
10% - Conducts orientations for all newly hired employees and introduces them to Xanterra and the specific property.
10% - Coordinates and monitors the safety/health programs for the property as well as serves as the contact person for Workers Compensation claims and processes through the MCO and TPA organizations.
5% - Conducts periodic wage analysis for the specific market place to ensure that the employee compensation levels are competitive and provide adequate staffing to ensure proper guest services.
15% - Monitors, ETA binders, HIG reviews, training for hourly employees.
5% - Maintains all personnel files according to retention and compliance policies.
- At least 2 years experience in a human resources role in a hospitality environment is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Through the training process and your current experience, the following skills and abilities are required to successfully perform this job. Equipment used and experience required. Two years experience on each point preferred.
- Proven ability in promoting an atmosphere of teamwork and leading by example.
- Experience in employment law, employee relations, benefits, wage, and salary administration, employee training, and risk management.
- Specific experience in EEO, OSHA, ADA, anti-discrimination, COBRA, and HIPAA administration and compliance.
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening skills, ability to adapt to different communication styles, and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as multi-tasking abilities.
- Enthusiasm and ability to build a positive morale and promote an atmosphere of pride and company loyalty.
- Consistent dedication to excellence in guest service.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills particularly focused on employee relations issues.
- Basic internet and computer skills as well as proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Lawson, and Kronos systems.
- Excellent typing skills required.
TIPs trainer certification required within 90 days of employment.
|Job Ref Code: