1. A quarter has 119 grooves around the edge of it & a dime has 118.
2. A bolt of lightning travels at speeds of up to one hundred million feet per second, or seventy-two million miles per hour.
3. Because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.
4. A rainbow can be seen only in the morning or late afternoon. It can occur only when the sun is 40 degrees or less above the horizon.
5. Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee's head and 2 larger ones in front.
6. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
7. Hypnotism is banned by public schools in San Diego.
Fun facts are for entertainment purposes only.
LEGAL NOTICES AND PRIVACY COMMITMENT
THE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES BELOW WILL GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE FUNJOBS.COM WEBSITE. THEY ALSO PROVIDE NOTICE OF SOME OF FUNJOBS.COM'S POLICIES. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY!
The use of the funjobs.com website is offered to you, the user, only conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. This also refers to all information, text and visual images, software, products and services used or available via the website. Any and all rights not expressly granted in these Terms, Conditions and Notices (collectively, these "Terms") are reserved by TagMar, Inc., which reserves the right to change these Terms, at its sole discretion, at any time. By using the funjobs website means that you've read all of these Terms and agree to them. If you have any information related to the legal issues contained in these Terms, you may email email@example.com or you may call 1-866-funjobs.
General: Trademarks, Copyrights, etc.
TagMar, Inc. dba "funjobs.com" is the owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyrights). Material published by funjobs.com may contain other proprietary notices or describe products, services, processes or technologies owned by funjobs.com or third parties. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as granting to you a license under any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of funjobs.com or any third party, except as expressly set forth herein.
The deletion or alteration of any copyright or other proprietary notices is strictly forbidden. "Funjob," "funjobs.com," "Love your job. Love your Life," and certain other names or logos are trademarks of TagMar, Inc., and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the trademarks or service marks of TagMar, Inc. All other product and service marks contained herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. The "look" and "feel" of funjobs.com's site (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are also TagMar, Inc.'s, trademarks or copyrights. All editorial content and graphics on this site, as well as the programming code or technology used to generate pages, and the website are protected by U.S. copyright laws and international treaties and may not be copied without the express permission of TagMar, Inc., which reserves all rights. Re-use of any of funjobs.com's editorial content and graphics for any purpose is strictly prohibited without TagMar, Inc.'s prior written approval. Please direct any requests for permission firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that the information, software, products and services published on any TagMar, Inc. website may include inaccuracies, typographical errors or out-of-date information. Changes may be made to the website(s) and the information on it at any time. TagMar, Inc. may make such changes or additions at any time at its sole discretion.
TagMar, Inc.'s websites may contain hyperlinks or other connections to websites operated by third parties other than TagMar, Inc., including but not limited to those of the funjobs.com employer/recruiter member companies and agencies or its advertisers (individually or collectively, as the case may be). TagMar, Inc. does not control these websites and is not responsible for them, including their availability, content or any viruses accessed through them. TagMar, Inc.'s inclusion of hyperlinks or other connections to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on them or any association with their owners or operators. TagMar, Inc. takes no responsibility whatsoever for the activities of job seeker members or any other funjobs.com Members. Nothing on the website shall be deemed to be an endorsement, representation or warranty with respect to any Member, applicant or other third party, whether in regard to its website, products, services or otherwise.
Your Limited Use License
The funjobs.com website is for your personal and noncommercial use. Except as otherwise expressly provided, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, use, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or content contained within funjobs.com. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to use the website only under these terms and conditions of use herein. This license is not a sale of any of the TagMar, Inc.'s rights. The funjobs.com website may be used only by you, and you may not rent, lease, lend, sub-license or transfer any data residing on the website or any of your rights under this agreement to anyone else. You may not develop or derive for commercial sale any data in machine-readable or other form that incorporates or uses any substantial part of the website. You may not transfer to or store any data residing or exchanged over the funjobs.com website in any electronic network without obtaining prior written permission from TagMar, Inc.
Individuals seeking employment and career information and employers seeking employees may use TagMar, Inc.'s websites only for lawful purposes. TagMar, Inc. specifically prohibits any use of funjobs.com or any of TagMar, Inc.'s websites, and all users agree not to use TagMar, Inc.'s websites, for any of the following:
funjobs.com Security Rules
- Vandalizing (deleting, rearranging, or revising) any information posted by any other person or entity;
- Posting any false, incomplete, or inaccurate biographical information that is not your own;
- Posting any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires up front or periodic payment(s), compensates with commissions "only" (no significant salary), requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- Allowing access with your password to a non-public area of funjobs.com, disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose;
- Framing of or linking to any of the materials or information available from any TagMar, Inc. owned website or domain;
- Attempting to decode, decipher, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the site's programming code and or software comprising of such code or software that in any way makes up any part of funjobs.com or any other TagMar, Inc. owned websites or domains;
- Duplicating or copying for any reason, in any manner any of the materials or information available from funjobs.com or other TagMar, Inc. owned websites;
- Creating or taking any action that inflicts any unusual, abnormal or excessively large traffic or user load on the funjobs.com's infrastructure or on any other TagMar, Inc. owned websites, servers or domains;
- Using any software, device, or practice to obstruct, hinder, impede, complicate or attempt to interfere with the accurate and proper working of any part of funjobs.com or any other TagMar, Inc. owned websites, domains or servers;
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation spiders, browsers, robots, or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the funjobs.com website other than the search engine and/or search agents available from TagMar, Inc. on funjobs.com or any other TagMar, Inc. owned website, and other than generally available third party web browsers (i.e., Microsoft Explorer, Netscape Navigator);
- Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other materials ("content") that is unlawful, harmful, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, hateful, racially, culturally or otherwise offensive and objectionable that may invade another's right of privacy;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a funjobs.com or TagMar, Inc. official, forum leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Post or transmit any content that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as non-disclosure agreements);
- Post or transmit any content that contains a virus or corrupted data;
- Delete any legal notices, proprietary designations, author attributions, or labels that you upload, or print to any communication device or feature;
- Use the Site's communication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (i.e., flooding continuous posting of repetitive text, repetitively clicking on command or submission buttons, etc.;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "chain letters", "spam", "junk mail", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume/employment related information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Upload or transmit any content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- RESPOND TO ANY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ON FUNJOBS.COM FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN TO APPLY FOR THE JOB OR TO TRANSACT PRE-APPROVED BUSINESS WITH THE WEBSITE AND/OR OWNERS;
- Communications soliciting an employer or vendor's business in any way for any reason.
- Copy or use any personally identifiable information about employees or business information about employers.
- Sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions or advertising of products or services, telephone calls, mailings or other contacts to TagMar, Inc. members, including all individuals and companies.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of funjobs.com or any other TagMar, Inc. owned domains or servers, including, without limitation,
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, "mail-bombing," "crashing," "flooding."
- Accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account, which such user is not authorized to access.
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of systems or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. funjobs.com will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
By submitting (e.g., uploading) content to the funjobs.com, you automatically grant TagMar, Inc. the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, without restriction or compensation. In addition, you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in the content have been waived. TagMar, Inc. and its designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, in their sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or publish, or remove any content posted on any TagMar, Inc. owned website. Without limiting the foregoing, TagMar, Inc. and its designees shall have the right to remove any content that violates these Terms or are found otherwise objectionable. You agree to indemnify and hold TagMar, Inc., dba funjobs.com, harmless from any third party claim, damages or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, relating to or arising out of your violation of these Terms, your representations and warranties, or your violation of any rights of another.
TagMar, Inc. is under no obligation to monitor the information residing on or transmitted via its websites. However, you agree that TagMar, Inc. may monitor its website's contents to:
No Resale or Unauthorized Commercial Use.
- Comply with any applicable laws, regulations or other government requests;
- Operate its websites properly or to protect itself and its users and Members;
- For such other purposes as it may deem reasonably necessary or appropriate from time to time, TagMar, Inc. reserves the right to modify, reject or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to its websites that it, believes, in its sole discretion is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions.
You agree not to resell or assign your rights or obligations under these Term of Use. You also agree not to make any unauthorized commercial use of funjobs.com or any other TagMar, Inc. owned or operated websites, or domains.
Upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions, or if TagMar, Inc. is unable to confirm or validate any of the information you submit to funjobs.com, TagMar, Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to deleting your information, and postings from funjobs.com and instant termination of your funjobs.com membership account and any future accounts you attempt to create.
Notification Of Claimed Copyright Infringement
If you think your copyrighted work has been uploaded, posted or copied to funjobs.com or any other TagMar, Inc. owned website, and is accessible in a way that constitutes a copyright infringement, please notify us and provide the following information:
We have designated as our agent to receive notices of claims of copyright infringement on our web site. You can contact TagMar, Inc. as follows:
- A description of the copyrighted work you feel has been infringed upon;
- A description of the activity that you claim to be the infringement;
- Identification of the URL and specific location where the material or activity you claim to be infringing is to be found; your location identification must be clear enough to allow us to find the material or the activity;
- The physical or electronic signature of either the copyrighted owner or of a person LEGALLY authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- Your name, address, telephone number and your e-mail address;
- A statement from you, using these words "under penalty of perjury," that the information you have provided is accurate and that you are either the copyrighted owner or are LEGALLY authorized to act on behalf of the copyrighted owner.
By telephone: 1-866-funjobs (383-5627)
By e-mail: email@example.com
Legal Division - Copyright Claim
P.O. Box 28068
Fresno, CA 93729-8068
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless TagMar, Inc., its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of TagMar, Inc.'s websites or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions. TagMar, Inc. shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
Limitation of Liability.
The aggregate liability for TagMar, Inc. to you for all claims arising from the use of any information of materials is limited to fifty dollars ($50.00).
If you need help with any other issues? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TagMar, Inc., dba funjobs.com, is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is used only for the purposes as set forth herein. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience at our websites. The following reflects our commitment to you our website user. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on funjobs.com and any other TagMar, Inc. owned and operated websites.
When you register for a membership on any TagMar, Inc. website, you will be requested to provide certain personal information including, a valid e-mail address. In addition to the terms and conditions that may be set forth in any legal policy on on any TagMar, Inc. owned and operated website, you understand and agree that the company may disclose to third parties, on an anonymous basis, certain aggregate information contained in your registration application. The company will not disclose to any third party your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address without your prior consent, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with any legal proceedings where such information is relevant and applicable to laws. The company reserves the right to offer third party services and products to you based on the preferences that you identify during your registration process and at any time thereafter; such offers may be made by TagMar, Inc. or by third parties.
Since funjobs.com is a career/recruitment web site, for individuals seeking employment and career information and employers seeking employees, we offer you the choice of creating and putting your resume in our database. There are several ways of doing this.
First: You may store your resume in our database, and mark it "confidential" (not allow your name or contact information to appear. For full anonymity it is recommended that you maintain an email address that you acomfortableble with a prospective employer knowing). If would would like to use your resume to apply for jobs and leave it unsearchable by employers, you will need to toggle the "inactive/active" feature to "inactive". All inactive resumes are hidden from employer searches.
However, we are not responsible if some other third party, such as someone posing as the aforementioned and paying for the service, evade security measures and gains access to the database, and, subsequently, your resume. You may remove your resume from our database at any time. However, recruiter/employer members who have paid for access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of resumes in these instances.
Or second, you can store it in our database(s) and allow it to be "searchable" (findable and viewable) by recruiter/employer members. If you allow your resume to be searchable by toggling the "inactive/active" feature to "active", then all recruiter/employer members who pay for membership and access to our resume database will be able to have access to and view your resume. They will also be allowed to view your resume contact information unless you mark your resume as "confidential." We use our best efforts, to grant access to this database to our registered, paying, recruiter/employer funjobs.com members only.
Editing Personal Account Information
funjobs.com permits you to change or correct any of your personal information any time. To do so, simply log into your funjobs.com member account, go to "Edit My Profile," and you will find options for editing any or all of the information you originally provided.
Privacy Commitment Changes
If we decide to change our privacy commitment for funjobs.com, we will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose it to anyone. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about funjobs.com privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call 1-866-funjobs.